The Regional Directorate for Culture, through the Directorate of Museums and Cultural Heritage Services, of the Regional Secretariat for Tourism and Culture, celebrates the 18th of April, International Monuments and Sites Day, this year on the theme "Cultural Heritage: Generation ", in the Church of Our Lady of the Conception, Mother Church of Machico.
As a way of celebrating this day, the completion of the restoration work on the vaults of the Espirito Santo and São João Baptista chapels of the main church and as a way of sensitizing the population to the vulnerability of the cultural heritage, as well as to the effort involved in its protection and valorization, and the importance of its safeguard and passage to the next generation.
21: 00h - Presentation of the Bilingual Guide of the Mother Church of Machico, by Rita Rodrigues, followed by a guided tour of the church by Francisco Clode de Sousa and Rita Rodrigues from the Directorate of Museums and Cultural Heritage Services
9:30 p.m. - Concert
- "Canzona for horn with echo" - Anonymous Iberian
- Aria "Flammende Rose" - G. F. Haendel
- 1º and. of the Sonata TWV 42 G. Telemann
- "Ich folge dir gleichfalls", of the Passion according to S. João - J.S. Bach
- Prelude to the 1st Cello Suite - J.S. Bach
- Flee in there m - J. Stanley
- "Hostias et Preces" J. Jongen
- "Pentecost II" - C. Kimberling
- "Ave Maria" - G. Caccini (atr.)
Performed by: Paulo Silva (pipe organ); Maria João Pereira (soprano); Carla Abreu (bevel flute); László Szepesi (cello).
- Premiere of the piece "Memórias", by the composer Pedro Macedo Camacho,
interpreted by: Pedro Camacho (transverse flute); Louise Whipham (oboe); José Barros (clarinet); Manuel Balbino (bassoon); Rúben Silva (french horn).